8 Steps to Help Protect Your Smartphone
1. Protect your device (voicemail and e-mail) with PIN/password. Make sure that these PINs/passwords are strong and don’t share them with anyone else.
2. Ensure that you always lock your phone, laptop and tablet and email accounts when not in use.
3. Do not use any automatic sign in function or password reminder tools on cell phones or shared computers.
4. Ensure that you use well-respected and up-to-date security products on your cell phone, laptop, computer or tablet.
5. Avoid logging into accounts when using public wireless networks. Open WiFi should only be used for the purposes of surfing and should not be used to share personal and private information.
6. Be very careful about any program, game or app before downloading and only ensure that you download these from reputable sites. Remember that recently the Android app market has been inundated with malicious apps over the past several months.
7. Ensure that you are constantly checking for monitoring tools on your devices.
8. Don’t use location tools that track and broadcast your location.
Digital Food For Thought