White Hatter Team Publications
Parenting In An Online World: Internet Safety, Security, Privacy, and Digital Literacy
E-Book Available on Kindle
By Darren Laur
Topics covered include:
- The Bad
- The Good
- Why Are Teens So Attracted To Social Media
- Online Safety, Security, Privacy, and Digital Literacy
- Reducing Online Risks
- Online Parenting Strategies
- Deciphering Memes, What to Make of The Inside Jokes of The Internet
- Online Gaming
- Online Filtering And Monitoring Hardware And Software
- Digital Peer Aggression (Cyberbullying)
- Online Sexual Predation And Exploitation
- Teaching Older Teens How To Be Their Own Online Detective
- Online Pornography And Hypersexualization
- Intimate Images, Nudes, Sexting and Sugaring
- Reporting a Digital Crime: What to Expect from The Police
- An Onlife Road Map For Parents
Plus much more including video interviews with various experts, case studies that we have been involved in, parenting tips, and valuable resources throughout!
Total Awareness: A Woman's Safety Book
By Darren and Beth Laur
Total Awareness provides realistic and simple strategies to reduce the risk of becoming a victim. The book lays to rest many of the myths surrounding personal and sexual assault. It provides common-sense tactics to help you plan for your safety, as well as preventative measures for a variety of situations on the street or at home. Topics covered include:
- date rape
- sexual assault drugs
- GHB, roofies
- automobile safety and road rage
- travel safety (hotels, airports, taxicabs)
- home invasions
- avoiding an assault if confronted
- the surprising facts on pepper spray
- stalking and criminal harassment
- overcoming the paralyzing fear response
- the Canadian Criminal Code and your rights
- AND MUCH, MUCH MORE!
Recommended Book List
We are partnered with various products displayed on our website and other resources. These partnerships may result in financial incentives for purchases linked from our website. Proceeds from these partnerships are invested in the following categories.
A portion of the proceeds from affiliate programs is donated to non-profit organizations that specialize in anti-bullying and mental health support.
The other portion of the proceeds is invested directly back into providing free resources for students, parents, and teachers.
We adhere to strict ethical guidelines when suggesting and recommending products and services. We are not afraid to outrank any program that we have affiliations with, and this promise is made clear to all our partners when we review items. The products we chose to partner with are either those we have thoroughly reviewed, tested, or use ourselves. We do not partner with just anyone. We keep the best interests of our followers and supporters in mind.